To what division should a child be assigned?
The decision as to what level a player should be assigned is a joint decision by the parent/guardian and the league. A player’s age, experience and ability are all considered. The following is a guide to assist in the selection of that level.
The Little League Challenger Division accommodates players with physical and mental challenges, ages 4-18, or up to age 22 if still enrolled in school. Games are scheduled weekly, on weekends, and there is no charge for registering. For more information, click here.
Pee-Wee T-Ball Division
Hit off a tee, one weekly practice/game, for girls and boys born between 5/1/12 and 4/30/13.
Hit off a tee, one one-hour practice and one one-hour game per week. For girls and boys born between and 5/1/10 and 4/30/12.
Beginner instructional league, coach pitch.
- Girls born between 1/1/08 and 12/31/10.
- Girls born in 2010 may play AA Softball only if they previously played a year of T-Ball.
- A tee may be utilized if the player is having difficulty hitting a pitched ball.
Intermediate Instructional league, players pitch with coach assistance.
- Girls born between 1/1/06 and 12/31/07.
- Girls born in 2007 may register and try out but are encouraged to register and play AAA Softball. Girls born in 2004 will be assigned to a Majors team after the tryout (regardless of tryout results) if there no safety issue.
- Player should be able to catch the ball to either side of the body and defend themselves from a thrown ball. They should be able to pay attention for one and half to two hours.
Beginner instructional league, machine/coach pitch.
- Boys and girls born between 9/1/08 and 8/31/11.
- A league age 6 player may play AA Baseball only if that player played a year of T-Ball.
- League age 9 players may play if they have no experience. They are encouraged to play AAA especially if they have played a year of AA.
Intermediate instructional league, players pitch with coach assistance, modified Little League rules
- Boys and girls born between 5/1/05 and 8/31/09.
- Kids born between 9/1/08 and 8/31/09 who wish to play AAA Baseball must demonstrate skills that are at least average all AAA players. The league's Player Agent will make determinations for placement in AAA.
- Kids born between 5/1/05 and 8/31/07 are encouraged to register and try out for Majors, especially players who have played a year or two of AAA Baseball. Players who are not selected for Majors will be assigned to AAA.
- Players should be able to catch the ball to either side of the body and defend themselves from a thrown ball. They should be able to pay attention for one and half to two hours.
Majors Baseball and Softball
Advanced instructional league, players pitch, Little League rules.
- Primarily for players ages 10-12.
- Tryouts are required for players who did not play Majors last year.
- 12-year-olds (as of 12/31/16 for softball, 4/30/17 for baseball) will be automatically assigned to Majors after tryout if no safety issue.
Junior, Senior Softball
For girls ages 12-16 as of 12/31/16. See registration page for more details.